NAMI Southwest Iowa is a newly, developed organization that has obtained local affiliation. This organization will serve Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie and Shelby counties.
NAMI Southwest Iowa will work to achieve a community which is stigma free by: increasing public awareness about mental illness and providing advocacy, support and education to individuals and families impacted by mental illness.
Currently, NAMI Southwest Iowa members have been meeting in various locations throughout southwest Iowa to build membership and participation for the organization. We are in the process of establishing Board Members and hiring a part-time SWIA NAMI Director.
Thinking about serving your local community?
NAMI Southwest Iowa is proud to announce is will be hosting training for Connections Support Groups. This 2 day class prepares facilitators to co-lead 90 minute support groups on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis depending on the needs of the community. Connections is peer based and provides insight to experiences, an opportunity to share in a confidential and safe environment. Our ideal co-leader will be a person living with mental illness currently in recovery and ready to serve their local community. We have limited space available and need you to sign up today to save your spot. Check out the details below.
NAMI SWIA Connections Training
● When: Saturday March 9th and Sunday March 10th 8:30 AM- 6:00 PM both days
● Where: Council Bluffs IA, support groups will meet in your community
● Who: anyone living with mental illness living in recovery ready to serve
● What’s after training? The training will allow you to co-lead a support group in your
community or near you.
● What does it cost? This training is free, the support group is free and everything we
offer is always free.
● Where can I find out more about Connections? Check out NAMI.ORG,
NAMISOUTHWESTIOWA.COM or search “NAMI Connections” on Youtube
● Where do I sign up? You can contact the director Alex Burton at
email@example.com or by calling (712) 542 7904